• Complex testing involving many features. If first feature is broken, rest of the tests can’t be run. Once broken feature is fixed, next broken feature blocks the test.
How to address: Test each feature in isolation before testing scenarios, to efficiently expose problems as soon as they appear.
• Not designed for code coverage. But scenario tests takes exceptional care to cover all features/requirements in a set of scenario tests. Covering all code statements simply isn’t achieved this way.
How to address: Ensure customer major scenarios are replicated and validated in house before Application Under Test (AUT) goes live in production.
• Replicating multiple Tier 1 customer configurations in house
• Lists possible users, analyze their interests and objectives
• Considers disfavored users: how do they want to abuse system?
• Lists system events: How does system handle them?
• Lists special events: What accommodations does system make for these?
• Interviews users about major challenges and failurs of legacy system
• Works alongside users to see how they work and what they do
• Study complaints about predecessor to this system or its competitors
How your product works in the hands of experienced users? Want to know! Outsource scenario testing to Optrum.