Software Defined Networking Testing Services
Open Networking Foundation (ONF) has been spearheading a broad industry effort to define and enhance Software Defined Networking (SDN) in order to overcome limitations like complexity, inability to scale and vendor dependence – that Carriers and Enterprises face in meeting explosive demand for mobility and bandwidth in next-gen networks. SDN architecture provides a new architecture for building highly scalable, flexible networks that can be readily adapt to changing business requirements. This mandates providers of such solutions perform specialized testing to ensure network delivers expectations of new network model.
Several initiatives, such as OpenStack, CloudStack, Floodlight, Open Daylight and Network Functions Virtualization (NFV), aim to address architecture and functions of one or more component as defined in ONF framework.
• Minimizing Cost
• Accelerating time-to-market
• Sustaining Competitive Advantage
• Ensuring Product Quality
• Optimizing Resource Utilization
• Testing for Network Equipment Manufacturers, Network Service Providers and Enterprises
• Testing OpenFlow/Non-OpenFlow-based SDN networks for Functionality, Performance, Scalability
• Test plan development and test automation
• Deploying OpenStack and CloudStack-based SDN networks
• Testing and automation of SDN controllers, switches, and routers
• Performance and security testing
• Traffic testing